What to Expect on Your First Day at a New Salon Job
Starting a new job can be exciting, but it can also be a bit daunting. If you’re starting a new job at a salon, there are a few things you can expect on your first day.
- Meet your new coworkers. Your first day will likely start with introductions to your new coworkers. This is a great time to get to know them and learn about their roles at the salon.
- Get a tour of the salon. Your new employer will likely give you a tour of the salon. This will give you a chance to see where everything is and learn about the salon’s policies and procedures.
- Learn about the salon’s products and services. Your employer will likely spend some time teaching you about the salon’s products and services. This will help you answer questions from clients and make recommendations.
- Shadow a more experienced stylist. On your first day, you’ll likely shadow a more experienced stylist. This will give you a chance to see how the salon operates and learn from the best.
- Be prepared to learn. Your first day at a new salon will be a learning experience. Be prepared to ask questions and be open to feedback.
How to Make a Good Impression on Your First Day
Here are a few tips for making a good impression on your first day at a new salon job:
- Be on time. Punctuality is important in any job, but it’s especially important in the salon industry. Clients expect their stylists to be on time, so make sure you arrive for your first day on time.
- Be professional. Dress appropriately and be respectful to your new coworkers and clients.
- Be eager to learn. Show your new employer that you’re eager to learn and that you’re willing to work hard.
- Be positive and enthusiastic. A positive attitude will go a long way in the salon industry. Clients want to be around stylists who are happy and upbeat.
Here are a few additional tips for your first day at a new salon job:
- Bring a notebook and pen. This will help you take notes and remember important information.
- Bring a positive attitude. Starting a new job can be stressful, but it’s important to stay positive and excited.
- Be open to feedback. Your new employer and coworkers will likely give you feedback on your work. Be open to this feedback and use it to improve your skills.
- Ask questions. If you don’t understand something, don’t be afraid to ask questions. Your new employer and coworkers will be happy to help you.
We wish you the best of luck in your salon journey, by following these tips, you can make your first day at a new salon job a success.