Madusalon is looking for talented colorists and stylists to join our team!
Madusalon welcomes all hair types; from fine straight hair to the tightest coils-we love your locks! We are a fast paced salon with a strong organically grown clientele. We strive to provide high-end customer service in a warm and welcoming environment. Our salon is comfortable yet professional with a lot of room for growth.
- A valid California Cosmetology license
- At least 2 years of experience behind-the-chair
- Commitment to work 5 days per week and must be available to work 1 weekend day
- Must be a talented self motivator with the willingness, determination and ability to build a strong clientele
- Proficiency in both men’s and women’s cuts
- Versatility in cutting both straight and curly hair (as we specialized in curls, we want someone who has knowledge in cutting curls or is ready to learn)
- Proficiency in various hair coloring techniques
- Educate guests by providing product knowledge and styling techniques
- Make product recommendations available for purchase in salon, so guests can duplicate results at home while meeting stylist retail sales goals
- Ready to learn curly hair coloring techniques (knowledge of basic color theory and formulation is a welcomed and seasoned color experience is a PLUS!)
- Continue to learn and develop new cutting, color, and styling techniques
- Maintain clean work station and sanitize tools according to State Board Regulations
- Be a passionate expert through continued learning, serving guests consistently, and always maintaining integrity
- Be opening to coaching and feedback from management
- Work together as a member of the MaduCrew in a positive, impactful and respectful way
We have a two month probationary period, to assess if this new partnership is a mutually great fit with you, the MaduCrew and for Madusalon guests. If you are interested and would love to work in the Bay Area’s Premiere Curly salon please send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to [email protected]. We strongly encourage you to drop off your resume in person so you can get a feel of the salon.
- Hourly + Commission
- Salary: $15.64 – $18.07 per hour
Location: Cow Hollow/Marina
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Opportunities for advancement
- Store discount
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend shift (at least 1 day required)
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Performance bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- San Francisco, CA 94123: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Cosmetology (2 years preferred)
- Cosmetologist License (Required)
MaduSalon is known globally as the Best Curly Hair Salon in San Francisco. It is the go-to place for women, men and children with naturally curly hair in San Francisco. Our diverse clientele are individuals and families from all over the world; which makes us a salon without borders. Our talented, creative and skilled hairstylists honor that diversity with the utmost respect.
“Madu” a term of endearment, Creole meaning “my love, my sweet, my heart”.
In contemporary culture, “my do’” is an intimate expression of a person’s core being
—it’s all about the hair!