We are looking for highly skilled curly hair stylists who are passionate about everything curly hair! Please submit your resume, cover letter, portfolio or IG account to [email protected] If you know of someone who might have an interest in this, please share this job post with them. Who are we looking for? Someone who is a team player, is willing to learn new skills, believes in women empowerment and uplifting their community, and is passionate about curly hair.
- Consult with each individual client and follow through on their requests
- Showcase the versatility of curly hair and show clients new styles appropriate for them.
- Educate client on how to take care of hair from home
- Prepare hair for styling by observing hair condition, followed by shampooing and conditioning
- Perform hair curly hair cuts and coloring services
- Arrange, shape and curl hair while maintaining quality and standard of service and following company standards
- Process clients’ payments and maintain accurate financial records
- Address and resolve client requests efficiently and effectively
- Keep work space tidy and salon organized
- Stay up to date on current licensing changes and abide by all federal, state, and salon rules and regulations
- Ensure that the salon is clean and well-maintained at all times
- Uphold the visions and values of Miss Rizos
- Must have great collaborative attitude
- Must work well with a team
- New York State Cosmetology License or temporary license preferred
- Previous salon and customer service experience, especially working with curly hair texture.
- A passion for all things beauty and a knowledge of products dedicated to curly hair
- Solid technical skills with desire to improve upon them
- Strong desire to make a social impact within marginalized communities
- An excellent work ethic and dedication to the beauty industry
- Strong interpersonal skills with a respectful and supportive attitude
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve salon goals
- Ability to build and maintain a happy clientele
Job Type: Full-time/Part time positions available
About Miss Rizos Inc.
Recognized as a pioneer in the natural hair movement, Miss Rizos Salon is thrilled to be expanding and looking for new associates to join the team. Our salon is deeply committed to making clients feel secure and empowered through their curls. Since 2011, Miss Rizos Salon has positively impacted women and men around the world by creating a safe space for curly hair. We’re aiming to build a solid team of stylists who embrace their uniqueness and confidently encourage others to do so as well. An ideal candidate is someone who understands the beauty of courage and is willing to break barriers to achieve it.